Dates: 19–25 April 2021
The Run Your City (RYC) Series is challenging its running club members on Strava to climb at least 750m over as many runs as they would like from 19 – 25 April 2021 as part of the RUN.CLIMB.RUN challenge.
“The RYC Series’ second challenge for club members is designed to get runners out of their comfort zones,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports.
- The challenge will run from 05:00 on Monday 19 April, until 23:00 on Sunday 25 April 2021. Runners need to clock at least 750m of climbing or more during this period.
- Participants can run as often as they would like to, doing hill repeats in their neighbourhood or heading out for a scenic mountain adventure.
- All runners who successfully complete the challenge will go into the lucky draw and stand a chance to win a pair of PUMA NITRO running shoes to the value of R4000.
How to join the event:
- Runners must “join” the RYC Series Running Club on Strava. https://www.strava.com/clubs/rycs
- If you have not yet done so, you will need to create a Strava Account before you can join the RYC Series Running Club.
- Runners can join the RUN.CLIMB.RUN Challenge on the RYC Series Running Club homepage on Strava by clicking on the orange “I’m in” button displayed next to the Event listing.
- Record your runs using a smartphone (Android or iPhone device) or smart watch (Garmin, TomTom, SUUNTO, Fitbit, Polar etc.)
- Share your photographs and routes to the RYC Series Running Club page on Strava.
- All activities logged during the event period must be uploaded to Strava no later than 23:00 on Sunday 25 April 2021 to appear on the leader board.
- All runners should protect their health and safety and that of others by social distancing while running. Runners are encouraged to stay up to date on the latest news and guidelines from their local and national authorities.
For more info visit runyourcityseries.com.
Photo Credit: Rae Trubrowne