Setting the standard in healthier dessert options.
A craving for the sweeter things in life is natural, but the trick is to keep treats as healthy as possible. Try this delicious dessert recipe that includes better-for-you ingredients to curb the most intense sweet-tooth.
Protein 5g | Carbs 6g | Fat 5g | Calories 100
Natural peanut butter delivers a rich supply poly- and monounsaturated fats (50%). It’s also high in protein (25%), with a moderate amount of carbohydrates (19%).
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Extra Milk Chocolate flavour
- ¾ scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Vanilla Ice Cream flavour
- 1 cup cacao nibs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Cacao is a superfood as it is packed full of free radical-destroying antioxidants, along with healthful doses of iron, magnesium and calcium.
- Line mini muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine peanut butter with Gold Standard 100%, Vanilla Ice Cream. Divide mixture into 12 and roll into balls then set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the cacao nibs and coconut oil. Add 1 scoop of Gold Standard 100%, Extreme Milk Chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Pour in half of the chocolate mixture to the bottom of each liner. Freeze about 10-15 mins or until chocolate hardens.
- Place a peanut butter ball on top of each hardened chocolate, flatten the top to smooth.
- Add remaining melted cacao on top.
- Freeze for another 10-15 minutes until hardened.
Coconut oil is an ideal source of healthy dietary fats due to its rich Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) content.