Convenience, simplicity and, most importantly, taste – all amazing reasons why every keto diet should include more smoothies.
Whether you want to power your day with an energy-dense keto breakfast smoothie, quell those midday hunger pangs, or fuel up after exercise, it’s quick and easy to whip up a smoothie with high-fat ingredients, low-carb fruits and vegetables, and keto-friendly protein supplements.
Keto living made easy: Do low-carb dieting the tasty way with these delicious smoothie recipes.
Spinach and coconut smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your favourite dairy alternative)
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- ¼ cup ground coconut
- 1 small piece fresh ginger, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 1 cup ice
How to make it
- Combine almond and coconut milks in a blender on low speed.
- Add ginger, spinach, ground coconut, salt and ice.
- Blend until smooth.
Spinach is a nutritional powerhouse. One serving – 1½ cups of fresh leaves – contains 40 calories, 4g net carbs, 6g of fibre and 2g of protein. It’s also a rich source of vitamins A and C, iron, folic acid and magnesium.
Choc mint avo smoothie
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 scoops low-carb, low-sugar protein powder, chocolate flavour
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup ice
- ½ avocado
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
How to make it
- Add all ingredients excluding the protein and shredded coconut to a blender.
- Blend for 45 seconds on high, then add protein and blend for a few seconds on low power. Pour and top with coconut flakes.