Wraps are one of the simplest and easiest ways to whip up a quick meal.
An Earthen Life has created this delicious recipe that includes homemade tortillas, hummus and a delicious filling that will unleash your inner master chef.
For the tortilla:
- 1 large sweet potato, roasted until soft
- 1 cup Lifestyle Food Dried Chickpeas, ground into a flour
- 1 cup oat flour
For the hummus:
- 1 cup Lifestyle Food Dried Chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup Lifestyle Food Olive Oil
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 handful coriander
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp lime juice
For the filling:
- Ostrich fillet
- Spring onion
- Lifestyle Food Cashew Nuts
Tortillas are extremely versatile, ideal for breakfast, lunch or a snack. Keep the fillings fresh and close to nature, and you’ve got a nutritious any-time meal.
- Peel the skin off the roasted sweet potato and mash with a fork. Mix in the chickpea flour, salt and the oat flour. You may need to add a little water or a little more flour depending on how big your sweet potato is.
- Roll out the dough into wrap-sized rounds. Spray pan and toast tortilla in a pan.
- In the meantime, blend all the hummus ingredients together until you achieve a nice spreadable consistency. Remember to check your lime and salt.
- Sear the ostrich and slice up the rest of your ingredients. Place all fillings in the tortilla.
- Enjoy immediately, or pack for your lunch the next day.