Mapule Ndhlovu is one of SA’s most prominent online #fitfluencers having built the @Queenfitnass brand into a formidable force online.
Her social media savvy has helped her secure a passionate following of health and fitness enthusiasts and attracted top brands like adidas, Shield and Virgin Active.
Her unique approach to fitness and conventional training methods, her willingness to engage and her proactive approach to social media management, and the value she adds through her content are the drivers behind the organic growth of her channels.
As part of our cover profile is this local fitness superstar, the Dis-Chem Living Fit team asked the Mapule for her top tips for aspiring fitfluencers and this is what she had to say:
The Queen’s guide for aspiring fitfluencers:
- Don’t try and be someone else. Be authentic.
- Keep it real, with real sweat and real effort. Stay away from too much posed or sanitised content.
- You don’t need to switch between characters or personas.
- Go to fitness events so that people can get to know you in person.
- Find your niche.
- Enter competitions – these platforms are geared to boost your exposure.
- Everything you post must be authentic. I vouch for and believe in every bit of advice I share.
- Be consistent in how often you post and the messages your share.