Low carb and loaded with protein, these bars are great for a hunger-busting snack, and they are really yummy too!
- ½ cup USN Blue Lab 100% Premium Whey, Vanilla flavour
- 5-6 tbsp natural almond butter
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 65g almonds, crushed
- Xylitol to taste
- Dark chocolate (optional)
Almond butter is rich in healthy fats, manganese, calcium and magnesium.
- Mix all the ingredients together with a spoon until it’s in a dough consistency.
- Line a plate, or silicone or ordinary baking tray and press dough out evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Slice into bars.
After you’ve sliced them into bars, wrap them individually in foil and freeze them. It’s an easy way to ensure you have a healthy snack on hand when hunger strikes!
Recipe by Megan Basson