Try this yummy, healthy, macro-friendly and easy-to-make recipe.
It uses simple and cost-effective ingredients to create a tasty treat to satisfy any health-conscious sweet tooth.
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 3 egg whites
- 2 scoops whey protein, chocolate flavour
- 30g coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1 tbsp almond milk
Chickpeas are a cheap yet healthy ingredient that aids digestion due to its fibre content, and increases satiety – perfect for those weight-loss diets! These legumes are also a rich source of plant-based protein and contain complex carbohydrates, with 14.5g of protein and 45g of carbohydrates per 164g serving.
- Prepare a square dish with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Slowly add in almond milk until a runny consistency is achieved.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Take care not to overcook it – it might look a bit runny, but it will set more as it cools.
Chickpeas contain a wide range of vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
Recipe by Melissa Clark