It’s often said that muffins are simply an excuse to eat cake for breakfast.
While there may be some truth in jest, there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy this popular breakfast indulgence by putting a healthier twist on your recipe with better ingredients.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3 scoops Biogen Iso-Whey Premium Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
Biogen Iso Whey is a premium protein shake with a Tri Matrix blend of a whey protein hydrolysate, isolate and concentrate that delivers high levels of EAAs and BCAAs, which is rapidly digested to increase circulating amino acid levels in the blood and is easily absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl to create the batter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Oat flour is made from ground rolled oats, which has a lower GI to instant oats and are also more nutrient-dense, offering an excellent source of thiamine, iron, dietary fibre and the antioxidant avenanthramides.