Eating right is about more than just your waistline. Your diet is also essential for optimal health.
In this regard, there are numerous potent ingredients that deliver outsized health benefits, like oat beta-glucan. This soluble dietary fibre is the active ingredient in oats that may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease by reducing blood cholesterol levels. It is also scientifically-proven to help control blood sugar levels and promotes gut health.
Incorporating @Life GlucaChol-22™ 100% concentrated oat bran powder into your diet is a convenient and effective way to boost your oat beta-glucan intake.
For a happy, healthy gut…
- ½ cup oats
- 250ml boiling water
- 1 cup low fat or skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp apple puree
- 1 tsp honey
- 1½ scoops GlucaChol-22™ Original
- Warm the milk
- Add milk, boiling water and oats together in a bowl. The amount of milk will depend on how thick you prefer the oats.
- Microwave for 2 minutes or until cooked, stirring often Add apple puree and GlucaChol-22™ to cooked oats and stir well.
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy!
Health tip: The South African Guidelines for Healthy Eating recommends that everyone should eat at least 25g of fibre per day to ensure healthy gut function and decrease their risk for lifestyle-associated chronic diseases.
DID YOU KNOW? Oat beta-glucan acts as a prebiotic, providing sustenance for the beneficial probiotic gut bacteria to keep your gut healthy. Oats also contain a unique combination of soluble and insoluble fibre to improve stool bulking and stool consistency, which helps make you more regular.
- Energy: 1110kJ
- Total fat: 4,8g
- Protein: 11,9g
- Total carbs: 44.0g
- Fibre: 11.8g