Sometimes eating clean and healthy can seem impossible. When cravings kick in, don’t be tempted to reach for an unhealthy meal.
You can often make healthy alternatives with some creativity and the right ingredients. Try these delicious protein pancakes made with NPL Platinum Whey.
- 1 scoop NPL Platinum Whey
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup raw rolled oats
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice
Experiment with the flavour profile by choosing from a range of Platinum Whey flavour options, including Chocolate Nougat, Malted Chocolate, Strawberry Cheesecake, Vanilla Ice Cream or Cookies and Cream.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth to create the batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan with Spray n Cook over medium heat.
- Spoon a ¼ cup of the batter into the pan.
- Turn pancakes over when they start to bubble and the edges look crispy.
- Place on a plate and top with your favourite fruit and Greek yoghurt. Enjoy!
Rolled oats are an ideal carb source as they have a low GI and are nutrient-dense, offering an excellent source of thiamine, iron, and dietary fibre.