Are you looking for an on-the-go, better-for-you snack to keep your muscles fuelled and your energy reserves topped up?
Then look no further than this no-bake power protein bar recipe from USN. It’s a tasty, nutrient-packed snack option that will you leave you feeling full.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 scoop USN BlueLab™ 100% Whey Protein, Vanilla flavour
Chia seeds are plant protein powerhouses. They are also nutrient-dense, offering beneficial levels of iron, calcium and vitamin C. They’re also an excellent source of fibre, antioxidants, and are the richest plant source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Flax seeds contain alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a natural anti-inflammatory, and lignans, which are polyphenols which may offer a range of health benefits. They’re also a rich in soluble fibre to aid digestion.
- Pour coconut oil, honey and almond milk into a saucepan and heat until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla essence and salt and mix in.
- Blend the cranberries and pumpkin, chia and flax seeds in a food processor.
- Add the seed mixture to the liquid mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Add the USN BlueLab™ 100% Whey Protein and mix in.
- Place a sheet of wax paper inside a baking tray. Spread mixture evenly onto wax paper using a spatula.
- Chill in the fridge until set, cut into squares. Store in the fridge.
Pumpkin seeds are rich in various vitamins and minerals, including iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc. They’re also energy-dense and a great source of plant protein. Research has also found that pumpkin seeds can help regulate insulin levels.