Put a healthier spin on one of life’s more sinful yet utterly decadent snacks – the doughnut.
These protein-packed delights will satisfy your sweet tooth while also helping to boost recovery and muscle repair.
Serving size 1 doughnut
- 23g Optimum Nutrition Hydrowhey, Vanilla
- 22g Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein, Vanilla
- 70g applesauce, unsweetened or home-made (even better!)
- 70g plain greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 25g liquid egg whites
- 3g stevia
- 1 whole egg
- 80g plain greek yoghurt
- ½ tsp sugar-free jelly powder, strawberry
- 2-4g stevia
- For the doughnuts, mix together Hydrowhey, Casein, applesauce, greek yoghurt, baking powder, liquid egg whites, stevia, and one egg in a bowl until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour mixture into a doughnut mould and bake at 175°C for 10 minutes.
- While the doughnuts are in the oven, mix together all of the frosting ingredients in a bowl until creamy.
- Remove doughnuts from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once doughnuts have cooled down, apply the frosting, serve and enjoy.