Looking for a convenient grab-and-go wholesome breakfast? Let us introduce you to the wonder that is overnight oats.
This is an on-trend no-cook method for making every health enthusiast’s favourite breakfast, rolled oats! We’ve also added in a protein punch to make sure you start your day with everything your body needs.
Rolled oats are a healthier alternative to processed instant oats as they have a lower GI and are also more nutrient-dense, containing thiamine, iron, dietary fibre and antioxidants.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, vanilla flavour
- ⅓ cup low-fat milk
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Chia seeds are a rich source of fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. The seeds are also a great plant-based source of protein because they contain all nine essential amino acids.
- Mix all ingredients together in a jar or air-tight container.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight (for at least 6 hours).
- Enjoy cold with the toppings of your choice!
- Loosen with an extra splash of milk if it’s too thick.
Cinnamon ranks highly as a superfood because of its rich polyphenol antioxidant content, which offers natural anti-inflammatory properties.