We love quinoa bowls. In fact, all ‘nourish’ or ‘Buddha’ bowls are great on-trend meal options.
But there’s something extra satisfying about building a flavoursome delight on a base of warm and fluffy quinoa.
- ½ cup Lifestyle Food Quinoa
- 400g Nature’s Choice Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp Lifestyle Food Mixed Seed Mix
- 700g pumpkin
- Baby spinach
- Baby tomatoes
- ½ avocado
Quinoa grains (we actually buy and eat the seeds) are packed with nutrients, providing a terrific source of plant-based protein, with all nine essential amino acids (it’s one of the few complete plant proteins). Quinoa also provides a dose of B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin E, insoluble fibre, magnesium, riboflavin and phytonutrients.
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine oil and cinnamon in a bowl. Add pumpkin and chickpeas and toss to coat. Transfer to tray. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Cook the quinoa as directed. Add it to your bowl.
- Slice the baby tomatoes into halves and the avocado into slices.
- Combine the pumpkin and chickpeas with the quinoa.
- Top with the spinach, tomatoes, avo and mixed seeds and serve.
Quinoa is gluten-free, which makes it an ideal base ingredient for those who suffer from Celiac disease, gluten intolerance or simply those on a gluten-free diet.