Put a fresh twist on an old Mexican favourite – the burrito.
Ditch the tortilla wrap for this on-trend bowl variant, which is still packed with mouthfuls of flavoursome ingredients and a beneficial dose of plant-based protein from the black beans.
- 15ml avocado oil
- 250g white button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 45ml hoisin sauce
- 400g cooked brown rice
- 2 baby cos lettuces, leaves separated
- 2 fresh corns, cooked and grilled
- 1 red pepper, roasted and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 45ml Olive Oil
- 15ml rice wine vinegar
- Lifestyle Food Fine Sea Salt
- Milled black pepper
- To Serve:
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges
- Gluten-free chips or nachos
Button mushrooms are a low calorie, nutrient-dense ingredient that will elevate the nutritional profile of any meal. White button mushrooms get their name due to the stage in which they are picked, as young or immature mushrooms have yet to turn brown.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes. Add the hoisin sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Arrange the brown rice in the serving bowls and arrange the lettuce leaves on top. Followed by the grilled mushrooms, corn, peppers, avocado and black beans.
- Whisk the olive oil, vinegar and salt and milled black pepper together and drizzle over the salad.
Rich in essential minerals, an avocado contains more than 70% water and is one of the most valuable sources of organic fat, which makes up 20% of the fruit. Avocados owe their buttery, creamy texture to this high fat content, with a rich oleic acid content, which is a monounsaturated fatty acid.