RECIPE SUGGESTION: Coconut Milk Chicken Curry.
- 450 grams boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 1 onion, finely chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2.5 cm piece of fresh ginger, minced.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder.
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk.
- 240 ml chicken broth.
- 240 ml diced tomatoes (canned or fresh).
- 30 ml vegetable oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional).
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté for a few minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Stir in the minced garlic and ginger, and cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder and cook for a minute, stirring to coat the onion mixture evenly.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and cook until they start to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, chicken broth, and diced tomatoes. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves if desired.
- Serve the coconut milk chicken curry over cooked rice or with naan bread.